Professional Minor and Major League Player
1992 drafted 4th Round Cincinnati Reds
1995 June 7 (game winning hit) MLB Debut with Cincinnati Reds
1995 – 2005 played 9 seasons in the Major Leagues
Major Leagues: the Milwaukee Brewers (1998), San Diego Padres (1999–2000), Florida Marlins (2001–2002) and Anaheim Angels (2003).
2006-2007 LA Angels A- ball Cedar Rapids Coach
2008 Scottsdale Arizona fall league Coach
2009-2010 LA Angels Outfield Base Running Coordinator
2010-2014 LA Dodgers Hitting Coordinator
2015-2016 Toronto Blue Jays Assistant Hitting Coach
Achievements and Awards
- 1991 & 1992 as a ballplayer, led Ferrum College’s team into the NCAA regionals three times and was named to the All-America first team, including a pair of south regional runner-up finishes in both seasons, while earning Dixie Conference “Player of the Year” honors.
- 1992 Division 3 College USA National Player of the Year.
- 1995 AAA American Association MVP.
- July 15, 1999, became the first player to collect a hit at Safeco Field, lining the sixth pitch of the game from Seattle Mariners starter Jamie Moyer into shallow right field during an interleague game. Gained induction into the Ferrum College Alumni Sports Hall of Fame as part of its induction class of 2002
- 2008 coached the Arkansas Travelers which won the Texas AA league championship
- 2015 – 2016 ALCS Division Series with Toronto Blue Jays (first since 1993)
- 25 straight years experience in playing and coaching at a high level (13 years playing, 12 years coaching)
- Had the opportunity and honour to work alongside prominent people such as Bruce Body, Mike Soscia, and Joe Maddon.
- Have been inducted into Ferrum College, Roanoke, Virginia, and Danville halls of fame.